On July 10, 2023, a crime was reported at the Lowe’s Home Improvement store located at 106 Wilkes Ln, Hampstead, NC 28443. The Surf City Police Department has released photographs of an individual believed to be involved in felony larceny at this location.
In North Carolina, larceny becomes a felony under certain conditions, including:
- The theft of property valued at more than $1,000.
- Larceny from a person (like pickpocketing, regardless of the value of the stolen item).
- Larceny of explosives or firearms, irrespective of their value.
- Larceny involving breaking or entering.
- Larceny of motor fuel from an establishment where it’s offered for retail sale.
- Larceny by employees or servants (theft from an employer).
Photographs & Description of the Suspect
At the time of the incident, the suspect was photographed wearing a purple shirt adorned with gold lettering and graphics. Surveillance video from the store also showed the suspect leaving the parking lot in what appeared to be a newer model black sedan, possibly a Kia.
How You Can Help
If you recognize the suspect in the photographs or have any information regarding the black sedan, you can contact the Surf City Police Department – as your assistance could be crucial in resolving this case and ensuring the safety and security of our community.
Please contact the Surf City Police Department directly at 910-328-7711 if you have any information. Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For those who wish to remain anonymous, you also use the Surf City Police Department Website.