The time has come for Surf City Parks, Recreation & Tourism’s annual Bridge Jam event. Taking place on Saturday, May 20th, the event once again promises a family-friendly event allowing residents and visitors to support the local community while enjoying a day full of shopping, music, food, and fun.
- What: Bridge Jam 2023
- When: Saturday, May 20th, 12PM – 5PM
- Where: Soundside Park, 517 Roland Ave, Surf City
- Admission: Free
- Host: Surf City Parks, Recreation & Tourism (Facebook)
Event Activities & Amenities
Attendees can look forward to a variety of activities and entertainment, including:
- A performance by Topsail High School Jazz Band from 12:00 – 12:45 PM
- The Bridge Tender Recognition beginning at 1:00 PM
- A live musical performance by The Embers featuring Craig Woolard from 1:30 PM through 5:00 PM
Attendees will find a dedicated “Kids Zone” at the end of Roland Avenue, close to the island-side footing of the old Surf City Swing Bridge. A First Aid tent will be established along Roland Avenue near the turn-in to Soundside Park adjacent to the playground area.
Food Trucks will be assembled in the parking lot closest to the playground, and vendors (including event sponsors) will be set up for shopping and community engagement along Roland Avenue.
2023 Event Sponsors
For this year’s events, sponsorship opportunities were made available to local businesses ranging from $250 to $1,000+, depending upon their level of sponsorship. This year’s sponsors include:
- The Trailer Bar
- Gideon Heating & Air Conditioning
- Rising Tide Fitness
- Watkins Floor Covering, Inc.
- Jones-Onslow EMC
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Treasure
- Pet Supplies Plus
- Jersey Mike’s Subs
- Surf City Fitness
- Teresa Batts Real Estate
- Southern Roots Grille
- 910 Chiropractic
Notice for Boaters
With the weather looking good for outdoor activities, boaters in the area should note that the Soundside Park Boat Ramp will be closed all day on May 20th. Those who normally use this Intracoastal Waterway access are encouraged to use the following local boat ramps instead:
- Lewis Road in Hampstead, NC
- Turkey Creek Access, Sneads Ferry, NC